- Program of Study: Master in Band Directing
- Current Residence: Superior, WI
- Current Occupation: Director of Bands
- Recent performances, publications, awards: Bachelor of Music - Instrumental Music Education ASU 1986 Master of Music - Band Directing ASU 1995 Doctorate of Music - Wind Band Conducting and Clarinet Performance 1997 I have been teaching for 25 years. I taught eight years as a middle school band director in the Boone area and the remaining years at the university level. I have lived my life in a state of gratefulness and the teachers that I had at ASU were inspiring, generous, and instilled a sense of vision in me. I was faced with educational challenges in classes that ultimately molded, shaped and defined who I am as a person today. These are priceless qualities that are a reflection of the music faculty at ASU as individuals and collectively.
- What did you value most about your graduate experience in the Hayes School of Music? Througout my undergraduate and graduate time at ASU I was fortunate to have professors that gave a level of commitment to my educational growth that was outstanding and inspiring. I am the second generation of my family that earned degrees from ASU. My 13 year old daughter hopes to be the third generation in four years from now.