- Program of Study: Music Performance - Percussion
- Current Residence: Columbia, SC
- Current Occupation: Director of Percussion, South Carolina State University (Orangeburg, SC)
- Recent performances, publications, awards: Performances/recording projects with Grammy Award winner Dee Stewart, Pulitzer-Prize winner Gunther Schuller, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member Mary Wilson and The Supremes, Emmy winner and Jazz legend David Baker, Percussive Arts Society Hall of Fame member Bob Becker, Grammy Award nominees Jack Wilkins and Chuck Owen, opera diva and Grammy Award contributing artist Marietta Simpson, the New York Brass Quintet, the Broyhill Chamber Orchestra, the Buselli/Wallarab Jazz Orchestra, Mike Vax, Rick Simerly, Steve Houghton, Carroll Dashiell Jr., Tom Walsh, Everett Greene, Pat Harbison, Dominic Spera, Dalores King Williams, Luke Gillespie, the Bloomington Pops Orchestra, and many others. Other performances have been at conventions and festivals including the American Bandmasters Association, CBDNA, Music Educators National Conference, Percussive Arts Society Days of Percussion, New Trier Jazz Festival, Spoleto Music Festival, Appalachian Summer Music Festival, as well as special appearances on various television and radio broadcasts. In 2007, the Jay Ware Quintet (JWQ) was founded and has performed throughout the nation, including residencies at the Williamston Jazz Gala and the Tri-State Select Honor Jazz Ensemble.
- What did you value most about your graduate experience in the Hayes School of Music? Mentorship and teaching from: of Rob Falvo, Andy Page, James Anderson, and Scott Tobias; performance experiences (Large ensembles, chamber ensembles, pick-up groups, concerto/aria competition, etc.); and the assistantship opportunity that made my degree possible.