- Program of Study: MM Music Performance
- Current Residence: West Columbia, SC
- Current Occupation: Director of Percussion
- Recent performances, publications, awards: Performing/recording credits include: Grammy Award winner Dee Stewart, Pulitzer-Prize winner Gunther Schuller, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member Mary Wilson and The Supremes, Emmy winner and Jazz legend David Baker, Percussive Arts Society Hall of Fame member Bob Becker, opera diva and Grammy Award contributing artist Marietta Simpson, the New York Brass Quintet, the Broyhill Chamber Orchestra, the Buselli/Wallarab Jazz Orchestra, Mike Vax, Rick Simerly, Steve Houghton, Carroll Dashiell Jr., Everett Greene, Dominic Spera, Dalores King Williams, and many more. Performances at Appalachian Summer Music Festival, American Bandmasters Association, CBDNA, Music Educators National Conference, Percussive Arts Society Days of Percussion, New Trier Jazz Festival, and Spoleto Music Festival. Co-winner of the App. State Concerto-Aria Competition (2006). Endorsing artist for Innovative Percussion, Latin Percussion, Remo, Yamaha, and Zildjian companies.
- What did you value most about your graduate experience in the Hayes School of Music? The opportunity Dr. Rob Falvo awarded me when he saw past a high school band director with rusty chops and accepted me into his percussion studio; opportunities to perform: symphony orchestra, wind ensemble, percussion ensembles, concerto-aria competition, jazz ensemble, etc.; and most importantly, the congeniality, mentorship, and commitment from all the music faculty. It was a great place to train and served as the perfect stepping stone to the next phase of my career.