Application and General Admissions Information
Application requirements for the master's degrees in music vary by program. For program-specific information, navigate to your program page. However, all student applications must include the following:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Completed application to the graduate school ($65)
- Acquired proficiency in music theory, music history/literature, and music performance
- Official Transcript
- Three References
- Applicants for the Master of Music in Performance degree whose undergraduate GPA is 3.0 or higher and applicants for the Master of Music Therapy degree whose undergraduate GPA is 3.4 or higher do not need to take the GRE exam. Applicants whose undergraduate GPA is below these amounts must submit official GRE general exam scores.
- Students who wish to be considered for Chancellor’s, Lovill, and Provost’s Fellowships will need to submit GRE scores in order to be considered for those awards. View fellowship information.
Deadline for priority consideration for assistantships is March 1
Deadline for priority screening for admission is March 1
Final deadline for fall admission is July 1. May not be considered for assistantships.
Dr. Victor Mansure, Program Director, Performance
Dr. Cathy McKinney, Program Director, Music Therapy